The NATO airbase in the German town of Geilenkirchen has raised its security level "based on intelligence information indicating a potential threat". "All non-mission essential staff have been sent home as a precautionary measure," the base said in a statement late Thursday. A spokesperson for the base in Geilenkirchen said the threat level had been raised to Charlie, the second highest of four states of alert, which is defined as "an incident (that) has occurred or intelligence has been received indicating that some form of terrorist action against NATO organizations or personnel is highly likely." The authorities did not provide any details but assured there was no reason for concern and that security had been raised as a precautionary measure. Source: Qatar News Agency
POPULAR POSTS
QLM Profits Fall Back 22.48%
August 11, 2026
US Stock Indexes Open Mixed on Wall Street
August 11, 2026
QSE Index Opens Lower on Tuesday
August 11, 2026
QSE Index Opens Lower on Tuesday
August 11, 2026
S. Korea Exports Surge by 57.3% in Q2, Boosted by Semiconductors
August 11, 2026
Oman Crude Oil Price Goes Up by USD 8.13
August 11, 2026